|South Carolina||L Page 11.7||M Carrera 7.0||E Smith 3.3|
|Kentucky||A Goodwin 14.8||N Noel 9.5||R Harrow 3.4|
South Carolina visits Rupp Arena on Tuesday to take on Kentucky. Tip-off occurs at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Gamecocks are 3-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 86-52 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
South Carolina is in 11th place in the conference, Kentucky is in 2nd place.
In their last game, Michael Carrera put up 16 points and 7 rebounds in the Gamecocks 67-56 loss to Georgia on February 2nd. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 7.0 while also putting up 10.2 points per game. In a 72-68 victory over Texas A&M on February 2nd, Nerlens Noel put up 19 points and 14 rebounds for the Wildcats. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.5 per game, blocks with 4.6 per game, and steals with 2.3 per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Kentucky has the edge in two important areas. The Wildcats advantage over the Gamecocks in blocked shots, with an average of seven per game to three per game. Kentucky also has an advantage in scoring, 76 points per game to 69 points per game. Kentucky ranks 2nd in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 53.8, which also places them 22nd in the country.
- Lakeem Jackson is ranked 8th in the SEC in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. South Carolina has an average margin of victory of 7 over Kentucky in 9 wins since 1991.
- Eric Smith is ranked 7th in the SEC in assists.
- South Carolina allows fewer rebounds (31.1 allowed per game vs 34.4 allowed per game) than Kentucky this season.
- South Carolina players are more experienced than Kentucky players (13,128 minutes played vs 8,212 minutes played).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. South Carolina has come back to win after being down at half against Kentucky 3 times since 1996.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Carolina currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 963) than Kentucky, per the NCAA.
- The South Carolina assist leader (Eric Smith) has more assists than the Kentucky assist leader (Archie Goodwin).