|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.0||T McKie 7.9||C Miller-McIntyre 2.6|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 15.0||J Michael McAdoo 8.6||M Paige 4.5|
On Tuesday, Wake Forest visits Dean E. Smith Center to take on North Carolina. It takes place at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Demon Deacons are 2-3 against the Tar Heels over the last four years. They fell 68-53 on 1/31/2012, the last time they met.
North Carolina is in 3rd place in the conference and Wake Forest is in 9th place.
In their last match-up, Travis McKie finished with 15 points and 6 rebounds in the Demon Deacons 86-60 loss against Maryland on February 2nd. He contributes team-best marks with 15.0 points per game, 7.9 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Tar Heels, Marcus Paige finished with 19 points and 5 rebounds in the 72-60 win over Virginia Tech on February 2nd. He is averaging 7.4 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.5 per game.
North Carolina has a statistical edge over Wake Forest in three key areas. The Tar Heels have an advantage over the Demon Deacons in assists, with an average of 18 per game to 11 per game. Additionally, North Carolina has an edge over Wake Forest in rebounding, 42 per game to 32 per game. And lastly, the Tar Heels have the edge in scoring, 78 points per game to 67 points per game.
However, the Demon Deacons have an advantage in blocked shots, where they lead the Tar Heels, 4 per game to 3 per game. North Carolina will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 37.6 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 37th in the country.
North Carolina StatSmack
- Devin Thomas is ranked 10th in the ACC in rebounds and 6th in the ACC in blocks.
- The Wake Forest basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than North Carolina (100% vs 88%).
- The Wake Forest blocks leader (Devin Thomas) has more blocks than the North Carolina blocks leader (Desmond Hubert).
- C.J. Harris is ranked 8th in the ACC in points.
- Wake Forest is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Wake Forest is 206 lbs compared to 201 lbs for North Carolina.
- The Wake Forest scoring leader (Travis McKie) has more points than the North Carolina scoring leader (James Michael McAdoo).
- It must sting. Wake Forest has blown out North Carolina by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1996.
- Wake Forest is better under pressure, and has defeated North Carolina in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Wake Forest steals leader (Travis McKie) has more steals than the North Carolina steals leader (Dexter Strickland).
- At least you keep showing up. Wake Forest has an average margin of victory of 12 over North Carolina in 20 wins since 1980.
- Travis McKie is ranked 7th in the ACC in points, 7th in the ACC in rebounds, and 4th in the ACC in steals.
|C-||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|