|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.7||M Yarou 6.7||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
|DePaul||B Young 16.6||C Melvin 7.9||B Young 4.4|
On Tuesday, DePaul plays host to Villanova at Allstate Arena. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Blue Demons are 0-4 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They lost 87-71 the last time they played (1/8/2012).
DePaul is 14th in the conference and Villanova is 10th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. DePaul has lost six straight.
In their last match-up on February 2nd, Brandon Young put up 15 points and 5 assists for the Blue Demons in a loss to Notre Dame, 79-71. He contributes team-best marks with 16.6 points per game, 4.4 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Wildcats, Mouphtaou Yarou put up 10 points and 14 rebounds in the 55-52 loss to Providence on February 3rd. He is averaging 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.7 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for Villanova is free throw rate at 51.0, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 1st nationally).
- The DePaul assist leader (Brandon Young) has more assists than the Villanova assist leader (Ryan Arcidiacono).
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin) has more rebounds than the Villanova rebounding leader (Mouphtaou Yarou).
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 5th in the Big East in blocks.
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 4th in the Big East in rebounds.
- DePaul players are more experienced than Villanova players (11,053 minutes played vs 10,907 minutes played).
- The DePaul scoring leader (Cleveland Melvin) has more points than the Villanova scoring leader (JayVaughn Pinkston).
- Brandon Young is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 8th in the Big East in assists.
- The DePaul blocks leader (Donnavan Kirk) has more blocks than the Villanova blocks leader (Maurice Sutton).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 978) than Villanova, per the NCAA.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||15||2||3||0||0||1||1|