|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.0||T McKie 7.9||C Miller-McIntyre 2.6|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 15.0||J Michael McAdoo 8.6||M Paige 4.5|
On Tuesday, North Carolina hosts Wake Forest at Dean E. Smith Center. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Tar Heels are 3-2 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. They won 68-53 on 1/31/2012 the last time they played.
North Carolina is in 3rd place in the conference, Wake Forest is in 9th place.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and 10 rebounds from James Michael McAdoo, the Tar Heels defeated Virginia Tech 72-60 on February 2nd. He paces the team in points per game with 15.0, and rebounds per game with 8.6. For the Demon Deacons, Travis McKie finished with 15 points and 6 rebounds in the 86-60 loss to Maryland on February 2nd. He contributes a team-leading 15.0 points per game, 7.9 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game.
North Carolina looks to have the advantage in three significant areas. The Tar Heels have the upper hand over the Demon Deacons in assists, 18 per game to 11 per game. Additionally, North Carolina has the advantage over Wake Forest in rebounding, 42 per game to 32 per game. Finally, the Tar Heels have the upper hand in scoring as well, 78 points per game to 67 points per game.
However, the Demon Deacons appear to have the upper hand in blocked shots, 4 per game to 3 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Wake Forest performs well in free throw rate at 44.2. This ranks 1st in the conference and 18th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- North Carolina has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Wake Forest (3 vs 0).
- Dexter Strickland is ranked 6th in the ACC in assists and 4th in the ACC in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but North Carolina has emerged victorious against Wake Forest the last 3 times they've played.
- How does our back look? North Carolina is ranked higher than Wake Forest in the ACC (#3 vs #9).
- The North Carolina scoring leader (James Michael McAdoo) has more points than the Wake Forest scoring leader (Travis McKie).
- Diaper Dandies love us. North Carolina has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wake Forest (64 vs 8).
- Chapel Hill isn't as congested as Winston Salem (population is significantly lower).
- The only thing that matters. North Carolina has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Wake Forest (2 vs 0).
- North Carolina has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Wake Forest ($14,262 vs $24,561).
|C-||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|