Ohio State vs. Michigan: Full Game Preview
|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.0||D Thomas 6.2||A Craft 4.7|
|Michigan||T Burke 18.2||M McGary 6.0||T Burke 7.2|
No. 10 Ohio State heads to Crisler Arena on Tuesday to take on No. 3 Michigan. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Buckeyes defeated the Wolverines 56-53 on January 13th and are 10-2 against them over the past four years.
Michigan and Ohio State are tied for 2nd in the conference.
In their last game, Lenzelle Smith Jr. put up 21 points in the Buckeyes 63-56 win over Nebraska on February 2nd. In addition to his 10.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.4 rebounds per game. The Wolverines were defeated by Indiana 81-73 on February 2nd despite 25 points and 5 rebounds from Trey Burke. He leads the team in points with 18.2 per game, assists with 7.2 per game, and steals with 1.4 per game. Michigan can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 14.6 and effective field goal percentage at 57.6.
- Ohio State has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Michigan (#8 vs #25).
- Deshaun Thomas is ranked 24th nationally in points and 6th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Ohio State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (6 vs 3).
- Ohio State is better under pressure, and has defeated Michigan in 6 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We win when it counts, too. Ohio State has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Michigan (14 vs 2).
- Ohio State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Ohio State is 215 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Michigan.
- You get an A for effort, but Ohio State has emerged victorious against Michigan the last 2 times they've played.
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Ohio State has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Michigan this season (Projected SOS Rank: #8 vs #25).
- Shannon Scott is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in assists and 6th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Ohio State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Ohio State is 78.0 inches compared to 77.0 inches for Michigan.
- The Ohio State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Michigan (64% vs 36%).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||16||5||2||1||1||2|
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||12||6||1||1||0||1|