Florida vs. Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|Florida||K Boynton 13.4||P Young 6.8||S Wilbekin 5.1|
|Arkansas||B Young 16.7||M Powell 5.6||B Young 4.0|
Arkansas hosts No. 2 Florida at Bud Walton Arena on Tuesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Razorbacks are 0-5 against the Gators over the last four years. They lost 98-68 the last time they played (2/18/2012).
Florida maintains 1st place in the SEC while Arkansas sits at 6th place.
The 25 points by B.J. Young helped the Razorbacks to a 73-60 victory over Tennessee on February 2nd. He paces the team in points per game with 16.7, and assists per game with 4.0. For the Gators, Erik Murphy put up 19 points and 6 rebounds in the 78-64 win over Ole Miss on February 2nd. He is averaging 12.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game. The Four Factors in which Florida stands out are effective field goal percentage at 57.6 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.9.
- The Arkansas scoring leader (B.J. Young) has more points than the Florida scoring leader (Kenny Boynton).
- Arkansas has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Florida ($25,204 vs $36,961).
- Marshawn Powell is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 9th in the SEC in blocks.
- Mardracus Wade is ranked 10th in the SEC in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 8 over Florida in 10 wins since 1991.
- The Arkansas steals leader (Mardracus Wade) has more steals than the Florida steals leader (Scottie Wilbekin).
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 5th in the SEC in blocks.
- Arkansas is better under pressure, and has defeated Florida in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- B.J. Young is ranked 4th in the SEC in points and 3rd in the SEC in assists.
|C||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||1||0||1|