McNeese State faced off with Northwestern State on Sunday, February 3rd and lost on their home court to the Demons 86-74 in conference play. The Cowboys are now 0-2 against Northwestern State this season. Dontae Cannon put up a season-high 22 points plus five rebounds for the Cowboys. Kevin Hardy scored four points and added eight rebounds. For the Demons, James Hulbin got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. Next up for McNeese State (8-12, 2-8 SLC) is Sam Houston State (12-9, 5-4 SLC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
McNeese State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- McNeese State started 8-12 during the 2008, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- McNeese State has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, McNeese State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, McNeese State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.4% or better this season, McNeese State has lost 83% of the time (2-10).
- MCNS set a season low for blocks.
- McNeese State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--MCNS has a 6.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dontae Cannon and Craig McFerrin) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Hardy and Craig McFerrin) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Dontae Cannon has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Kevin Hardy has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Dontae Cannon's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dontae Cannon.
- Dontae Cannon had a career high with 22 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jeremie Mitchell.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The bench recorded more points (57) than the starters (29).
- James Hulbin has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Marvin Fraizer has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- DeQuan Hicks has 10 straight double-digit point games.