Northwestern State 86
(14-6, 5-5 away)
McNeese State 74
(8-12, 7-4 home)
Venue: Burton Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, February 03, 2013
||J Hulbin 18
||G Stewart 6
||J West 9
||D Cannon 22
||K Hardy 8
||K Hardy 5
Northwestern State won on the road against McNeese State 86-74 in conference action on Sunday, February 3rd. The Demons remain unbeaten against McNeese State this season at 2-0. James Hulbin played well for the Demons and put up a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. DeQuan Hicks also had a solid outing, scoring 16 points and adding four rebounds. For the Cowboys, Dontae Cannon finished with a season-high 22 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Northwestern State (14-6, 8-2 SLC) welcomes Oral Roberts (14-8, 9-1 SLC).
Northwestern State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- The last time NSU started the season 14-6 was 2005.
- The win over McNeese State extended the Northwestern State winning streak to 4 games.
- The Demons have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 19 or more assists.
- Northwestern State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- NSU has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 6 or fewer steals.
- This season Northwestern State has won 77% of the time (10-3) when Shamir Davis has 11 points or more, 80% of the time (12-3) when DeQuan Hicks has 5 field goals made or more, and 79% of the time (11-3) when James Hulbin has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Demons have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Northwestern State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The bench recorded more points (57) than the starters (29).
- James Hulbin has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Marvin Fraizer has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- DeQuan Hicks has 10 straight double-digit point games.
McNeese State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cowboys losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Dontae Cannon and Craig McFerrin) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Hardy and Craig McFerrin) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Dontae Cannon has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Kevin Hardy has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Dontae Cannon's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dontae Cannon.
- Dontae Cannon set a career high with 22 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jeremie Mitchell.