|UNC Wilmington||K Rendleman 15.6||K Rendleman 10.2||C Dixon 2.4|
|Towson||J Benimon 16.9||J Benimon 11.5||J Benimon 2.4|
Towson plays host to North Carolina-Wilmington at Towson Center on Monday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Tigers beat the Seahawks 79-74 on January 2nd and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Towson is in 5th place in the conference, North Carolina-Wilmington is in 8th place.
In their last match-up, Jerrelle Benimon finished with 21 points and 17 rebounds in the Tigers 68-66 victory over Old Dominion on January 30th. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 16.9 points per game, 11.5 rebounds per game, and 2.4 assists per game. The Seahawks were defeated by Delaware 71-56 on February 2nd despite 14 points from Craig Ponder. He is averaging 8.1 points and 2.5 rebounds per game.
North Carolina-Wilmington StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Towson has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina-Wilmington in 10 wins since 1980.
- Towson has a better conference record than North Carolina-Wilmington this season (6-4 vs 3-5).
- The Towson three-point leader (Mike Burwell) has more three-pointers than the North Carolina-Wilmington three-point leader (Tanner Milson).
- Towson can actually jump, with more rebounds (39.6 per game vs 35.3 per game) than North Carolina-Wilmington this season.
- Towson is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Towson is 77.5 inches compared to 76.1 inches for North Carolina-Wilmington.
- The Towson assist leader (Jerrelle Benimon) has more assists than the North Carolina-Wilmington assist leader (Chris Dixon).
- How does our back look? Towson is ranked higher than North Carolina-Wilmington in the CAA (#4 vs #8).
- Mike Burwell is ranked 8th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Towson more. We have a better RPI this season than North Carolina-Wilmington (RPI: #187 vs #264).
- Boom! Towson defeated North Carolina-Wilmington by 5 points the last time they played (Jan 02, 2013).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Towson has a stronger schedule than North Carolina-Wilmington this season (SOS Rank: #212 vs #255).