|NC Central||J Ingram 15.6||S Kidd 7.4||E Chapman 6.0|
|UMD Eastern Shore||K Mays 14.9||K Mays 7.8||K Jones 2.5|
On Monday, Maryland-Eastern Shore welcomes North Carolina Central at Hytche Athletic Center. Tip-off occurs at 7:30 EST. The Hawks are 1-4 against the Eagles over the last four years. They fell 60-43 on 3/6/2012, the last time they met.
Maryland-Eastern Shore is in 11th place in the MEAC and North Carolina Central is in 1st. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last match-up on February 2nd, Troy Snyder put up 17 points and 7 rebounds for the Hawks in a loss to North Carolina A&T, 46-44. He leads the team with 2.1 steals per game and 0.8 blocks per game. For the Eagles, Stanton Kidd finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds in the 54-43 win over Delaware State on February 2nd. He is averaging 15.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.4 rebounds per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, North Carolina Central has an edge in three important areas. The Eagles have an advantage over the Hawks when it comes to assists, 15 per game to nine per game. North Carolina Central also has an advantage in field goal percentage, 47% to 35%. Finally, the Eagles have the edge in scoring as well, 70 points per game to 55 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, North Carolina Central is strong in effective field goal percentage at 53.2. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 29th in the nation.
North Carolina Central StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Maryland-Eastern Shore currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (898 to 893) than North Carolina Central, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Maryland-Eastern Shore has a stronger schedule than North Carolina Central this season (SOS Rank: #206 vs #240).
- Maryland-Eastern Shore is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Maryland-Eastern Shore is 209 lbs compared to 197 lbs for North Carolina Central.
- The Maryland-Eastern Shore blocks leader (Troy Snyder) has more blocks than the North Carolina Central blocks leader (Stanton Kidd).
- Princess Anne isn't as congested as Durham (population is significantly lower).
- Troy Snyder is ranked 8th in the MEAC in steals.
|C||Jay Copeland Jr||23||9||5||0||1||1||1|
|F||D. Williams II||13||3||1||0||1||0||1|