|Mississippi Valley State||D Usher 16.9||M Smith 6.7||D Marshall 3.0|
|Alabama State||J Freelove 13.4||S Brown 4.8||D McDaniel 3.5|
On Monday, Mississippi Valley State visits Dunn-Oliver Acadome to take on Alabama State. It takes place at 8:30 EST. The Delta Devils lost to the Hornets 69-65 on January 8th and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Mississippi Valley State is in 9th place in the conference, Alabama State is in 5th place.
In spite of 18 points from Davon Usher, the Delta Devils came up short 65-64 against Alabama A&M on February 2nd. On top of his scoring average of 16.9 points per game, he delivers 6.0 rebounds per game. For the Hornets, Josh Freelove finished with 29 points in the 81-77 loss to Arkansas-Pine Bluff on February 2nd. He leads the team with 13.4 points per game.
Alabama State StatSmack
- Mississippi Valley State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Mississippi Valley State is 195 lbs compared to 182 lbs for Alabama State.
- Davon Usher is ranked 4th in the SWAC in points, 10th in the SWAC in rebounds, and 8th in the SWAC in three-pointers.
- The Mississippi Valley State scoring leader (Davon Usher) has more points than the Alabama State scoring leader (Josh Freelove).
- At least you keep showing up. Mississippi Valley State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Alabama State in 37 wins since 1982.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Mississippi Valley State has a stronger schedule than Alabama State this season (SOS Rank: #296 vs #311).
- The Mississippi Valley State three-point leader (Davon Usher) has more three-pointers than the Alabama State three-point leader (Josh Freelove).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Mississippi Valley State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (865 to 820) than Alabama State, per the NCAA.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Mississippi Valley State has come back to win after being down at half against Alabama State 6 times since 1996.
- The Mississippi Valley State rebounding leader (Matt Smith) has more rebounds than the Alabama State rebounding leader (Luther Page).