|Jackson State||D Nelson 15.6||W Readus 5.4||D Nelson 2.5|
|Southern University||M Miller 16.7||B Moore 7.4||J Grace 3.7|
Jackson State heads to F.G. Clark Center on Monday to take on Southern University. It gets started at 8:30 EST and you can catch it on SWAC TV. The Tigers lost to the Jaguars 80-67 on January 8th and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
Jackson State is in 5th place in the SWAC, Southern University is in 1st place. Jackson State is looking to add to its four-game win streak.
In their last outing, behind 20 points from Christian Williams, the Tigers defeated Alcorn State 84-71 on February 2nd. In addition to a team-leading 1.8 steals per game, he chips in 12.2 points per game. For the Jaguars, Jameel Grace put up 10 points and 7 rebounds in the 59-31 blowout of Grambling State on February 2nd. He is averaging 8.3 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.7 per game. Southern University ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.4, which also places them 35th in the country.
Southern University StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Jackson State has a stronger schedule than Southern University this season (SOS Rank: #320 vs #340).
- Sydney Coleman is ranked 7th in the SWAC in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Jackson State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (906 to 862) than Southern University, per the NCAA.
- The Jackson State steals leader (Christian Williams) has more steals than the Southern University steals leader (Derick Beltran).
- Jackson State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (44.52% to 33.57%).
- It must sting. Jackson State has blown out Southern University by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2002.
- At least you keep showing up. Jackson State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Southern University in 35 wins since 1980.
- Kelsey Howard is ranked 9th in the SWAC in three-pointers.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Jackson State has come back to win after being down at half against Southern University 8 times since 1996.
- Christian Williams is ranked 7th in the SWAC in three-pointers and 4th in the SWAC in steals.
- Jackson State players are more experienced than Southern University players (12,515 minutes played vs 10,217 minutes played).