San Diego vs. Loyola Marymount: Full Game Preview
|San Diego||J Dee 14.7||C Manresa 6.8||C Anderson 5.6|
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 19.9||A Hamilton 6.5||C Flint 4.3|
On Monday, San Diego visits Gersten Pavilion to take on Loyola Marymount. It starts at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on TWCSN. The Toreros beat the Lions 78-70 on January 16th and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
San Diego is currently in 5th place in the West Coast and Loyola Marymount is in 8th place.
The Toreros fell 65-63 to Gonzaga on February 2nd. Johnny Dee finished with 21 points and 7 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team with 14.7 points per game. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland finished with 19 points in the 88-43 loss to Gonzaga on January 31st. With 19.9 points per game and 1.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Loyola Marymount StatSmack
- It must sting. San Diego has blown out Loyola Marymount by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 1999.
- Ken Rancifer is ranked 8th in the West Coast in three-pointers.
- Jito Kok is ranked 2nd in the West Coast in blocks.
- San Diego has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Loyola Marymount (#47 vs #60).
- San Diego has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Loyola Marymount (#103 vs #130).
- We just win. San Diego has more wins over the last 5 years than Loyola Marymount (79 vs 66).
- The San Diego assist leader (Christopher Anderson) has more assists than the Loyola Marymount assist leader (Anthony Ireland).
- San Diego takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Loyola Marymount (2 vs 0).
- We make our fans proud. San Diego has a better record at home than Loyola Marymount this season (8-2 vs 5-4).
- You get an A for effort, but San Diego has emerged victorious against Loyola Marymount the last 2 times they've played.
- The San Diego blocks leader (Jito Kok) has more blocks than the Loyola Marymount blocks leader (Alex Osborne).