|Oklahoma||R Osby 14.2||R Osby 6.6||S Grooms 2.5|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.0||M Ejim 9.4||K Lucious 5.5|
On Monday, Oklahoma visits James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on Iowa State. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Sooners are 3-2 against the Cyclones over the last four years. They lost 80-69 the last time they played (2/18/2012).
Iowa State and Oklahoma are tied for 3rd in the conference.
In their last match-up, Romero Osby finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds in the Sooners 52-50 loss against Kansas State on February 2nd. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 14.2 points per game, 6.6 rebounds per game, and 0.9 blocks per game. In a 79-71 victory over Baylor on February 2nd, Will Clyburn put up 28 points and 10 rebounds for the Cyclones. He leads the team with 15.0 points per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Iowa State appears to have an edge in one significant area, scoring, where the Cyclones have the upper hand over the Sooners, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Iowa State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 72.6 and effective field goal percentage at 52.6.
Iowa State StatSmack
- Oklahoma takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Iowa State (5 vs 2).
- The Oklahoma blocks leader (Romero Osby) has more blocks than the Iowa State blocks leader (Percy Gibson).
- How does our back look? Oklahoma is ranked higher than Iowa State in the Big 12 (#2 vs #5).
- AP voters think more highly of Oklahoma and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa State (91 vs 3).
- Oklahoma is better under pressure, and has defeated Iowa State in 7 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Oklahoma has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Iowa State ($22,678 vs $27,049).
- Oklahoma has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (70.02% to 57.59%).
- Oklahoma has a better conference record than Iowa State this season (5-2 vs 4-3).
- We just win. Oklahoma has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa State (109 vs 97).
- Steven Pledger is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.