|UNC Wilmington||K Rendleman 15.6||K Rendleman 10.2||C Dixon 2.4|
|Towson||J Benimon 16.9||J Benimon 11.5||J Benimon 2.4|
North Carolina-Wilmington visits Towson Center on Monday to take on Towson. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Seahawks lost to the Tigers 79-74 on January 2nd and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina-Wilmington is in 8th place in the conference, Towson is in 5th place.
The Seahawks were defeated by Delaware 71-56 on February 2nd despite 14 points from Craig Ponder. He contributes 2.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game. In a 68-66 victory over Old Dominion on January 30th, Jerrelle Benimon put up 21 points and 17 rebounds for the Tigers. He puts up a team-leading 16.9 points per game, 11.5 rebounds per game, and 2.4 assists per game. One category in which Towson is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 38.1, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 27th nationally).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? North Carolina-Wilmington currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (890 to 873) than Towson, per the NCAA.
- North Carolina-Wilmington is a better three-point shooting team (33.3% vs 28.9%) than Towson this season.
- Keith Rendleman is ranked 7th in the CAA in points, 12th nationally in rebounds, 3rd in the CAA in steals, and 5th in the CAA in blocks.
- We make our fans proud. North Carolina-Wilmington has a better record at home than Towson this season (7-2 vs 2-5).
- North Carolina-Wilmington has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Towson (#27 vs #78).
- Cedrick Williams is ranked 4th in the CAA in blocks.
- North Carolina-Wilmington takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Towson (2 vs 0).
- North Carolina-Wilmington has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Towson (#112 vs #143).
- North Carolina-Wilmington has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Towson ($25,108 vs $29,808).
- The North Carolina-Wilmington basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Towson (100% vs 58%).