|Hampton||D Powers 12.1||D Maxwell 7.0||D Powers 4.8|
|Coppin State||M Murray 12.2||M Murray 8.9||T Cephas 2.9|
On Monday, Hampton heads to Coppin Center to take on Coppin State. It starts at 7:30 EST. The Pirates fell to the Eagles 67-65 on January 21st and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
Hampton maintains 5th place in the MEAC while Coppin State is in 10th place.
In a 64-62 triumph over Morgan State on February 2nd, Emmanuel Okoroba put up 18 points for the Pirates. He is putting up 7.8 points per game while also averaging 5.3 rebounds per game. The Eagles were defeated by Norfolk State 80-70 on February 2nd despite 24 points from Andre Armstrong. He contributes 1.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.8 points per game. Coppin State ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 20.5, which also places them 188th in the country.
Coppin State StatSmack
- Hampton has a better scoring defense (63.9 allowed per game vs 72.0 allowed per game) than Coppin State this season.
- We just win. Hampton has more wins over the last 5 years than Coppin State (90 vs 72).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Hampton currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 862) than Coppin State, per the NCAA.
- How does our back look? Hampton is ranked higher than Coppin State in the MEAC (#5 vs #10).
- The Hampton blocks leader (Du`Vaughn Maxwell) has more blocks than the Coppin State blocks leader (Charles Ieans).
- Hampton has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (48.32% to 38.89%).
- The Hampton assist leader (Deron Powers) has more assists than the Coppin State assist leader (Taariq Cephas).
- Deron Powers is ranked 4th in the MEAC in assists.
- Hampton can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.3 per game vs 33.5 per game) than Coppin State this season.
|F||B. St. Louis||7||0||1||0||0||0||0|