(15-7, 4-4 away)
(15-8, 11-5 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IL)
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, February 03, 2013
||B Brust 20
||R Evans 9
||R Evans 2
||J Bertrand 17
||J Bertrand 7
||B Paul 3
On Sunday, February 3rd, Wisconsin took on Illinois and got a road victory against the Fighting Illini 74-68 in Big Ten action. The Badgers go to 3-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Frank Kaminsky led the Badgers and put up a career-high 19 points plus five rebounds. Ryan Evans had 15 points and added nine rebounds. Joseph Bertrand got a season-high 17 points and seven rebounds for the Fighting Illini. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Wisconsin (15-7, 6-3 Big Ten) hosts Iowa (14-8, 3-6 Big Ten).
Wisconsin Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:36 left to go.
- Wisconsin has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.8% or better this season, Wisconsin has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- The Badgers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Wisconsin recorded at least 28 free throws made was Dec 23, 2011 against Mississippi Valley State.
- Wisconsin set a season low for total points.
- The Badgers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Wisconsin has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Badgers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Frank Kaminsky recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 14.
- Ben Brust accounted for 46.5% of the team's points.
- Ben Brust has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Ben Brust's career.
Illinois Game Notes
- Joseph Bertrand accounted for 56.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nnanna Egwu and Joseph Bertrand) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Joseph Bertrand has led the team in scoring 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Nnanna Egwu.
- Nnanna Egwu set a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Tracy Abrams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Richardson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Sam McLaurin.
- Brandon Paul has 5 straight double-digit point games.