(15-7, 4-4 away)
(15-8, 11-5 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IL)
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, February 03, 2013
||B Brust 20
||R Evans 9
||R Evans 2
||J Bertrand 17
||J Bertrand 7
||B Paul 3
On Sunday, February 3rd, Illinois lost in front of the home crowd against Wisconsin 74-68 in conference play. The Fighting Illini now have a record of 2-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Fighting Illini were led by Joseph Bertrand, who put up a season-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Nnanna Egwu had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Badgers, Frank Kaminsky finished with a career-high 19 points and five rebounds. Illinois (15-8, 2-7 Big Ten) hosts third-ranked Indiana (20-2, 8-1 Big Ten) on Thursday, February 7th.
Illinois Game Notes
- Illinois started 15-8 during the 2010, 2009, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The Fighting Illini have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 15.4% or worse.
- Illini set season lows for steals (4) and three-pointers (2).
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Illini has a 4.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joseph Bertrand and Nnanna Egwu) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joseph Bertrand and Nnanna Egwu) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- Joseph Bertrand has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Nnanna Egwu.
- Nnanna Egwu had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Tracy Abrams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Richardson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Sam McLaurin.
- Brandon Paul has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- Frank Kaminsky recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Ben Brust and Frank Kaminsky) accounted for 52.7% of the points.
- Ben Brust has led the team in scoring 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Ben Brust's career.