George Mason vs. Old Dominion: Full Game Preview
|George Mason||S Wright 18.1||S Wright 5.2||B Allen 3.3|
|Old Dominion||D Painter 11.8||D Painter 8.2||K Palmore 3.0|
On Monday, Old Dominion welcomes George Mason at Constant Convocation Center. It gets started at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Monarchs fell to the Patriots 71-46 on January 10th and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
George Mason maintains 5th place in the CAA while Old Dominion sits at 11th place.
The Monarchs fell 83-63 to Georgia State on February 2nd. Richard Ross finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in blocks per game with 1.5 while also putting up 6.5 points per game. In a 74-63 victory over James Madison on February 2nd, Sherrod Wright put up 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Patriots. He leads the team in points with 18.1 per game, rebounds with 5.2 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game.
George Mason StatSmack
- Keenan Palmore is ranked 3rd in the CAA in steals.
- The Old Dominion steals leader (Keenan Palmore) has more steals than the George Mason steals leader (Sherrod Wright).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Old Dominion has come back to win after being down at half against George Mason 4 times since 2003.
- Old Dominion has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (60.44% to 58.03%).
- DeShawn Painter is ranked 5th in the CAA in rebounds.
- The Old Dominion blocks leader (Richard Ross) has more blocks than the George Mason blocks leader (Erik Copes).
- Richard Ross is ranked 5th in the CAA in blocks.
- Old Dominion is better under pressure, and has defeated George Mason in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Donte Hill is ranked 10th in the CAA in assists and 6th in the CAA in steals.
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Old Dominion has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than George Mason this season (Projected SOS Rank: #173 vs #193).
- The Old Dominion rebounding leader (DeShawn Painter) has more rebounds than the George Mason rebounding leader (Sherrod Wright).