Notre Dame vs. Syracuse: Full Game Preview
|Notre Dame||J Cooley 15.0||J Cooley 11.3||E Atkins 6.2|
|Syracuse||B Triche 14.9||C Fair 7.0||M Carter-Williams 8.6|
No. 6 Syracuse hosts Notre Dame at Carrier Dome on Monday. It gets started at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Orange are 3-1 against the Fighting Irish over the last four years. They lost 67-58 the last time they played (1/21/2012).
Syracuse is in 1st place in the Big East and needs to hold off Notre Dame who sit just south in 3rd place.
The Orange fell 65-55 to Pittsburgh on February 2nd. C.J. Fair finished with 20 points in the loss. He is averaging 13.6 points per game while also contributing a team-high 7.0 rebounds per game. For the Fighting Irish, Jack Cooley put up 26 points and 16 rebounds in the 79-71 win over DePaul on February 2nd. He leads the team in points with 15.0 per game, rebounds with 11.3 per game, and blocks with 1.3 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Notre Dame is strong in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 55.5 and turnover percentage at 16.3.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Syracuse does a better job contesting shots (35.9% allowed vs 41.0% allowed) than Notre Dame this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Syracuse has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Notre Dame (17 vs 14).
- Be afraid. Syracuse has blown out more teams than Notre Dame this season (10 blowouts vs 5).
- The Syracuse assist leader (Michael Carter-Williams) has more assists than the Notre Dame assist leader (Eric Atkins).
- We win when it counts, too. Syracuse has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Notre Dame (16 vs 4).
- How does our back look? Syracuse is ranked higher than Notre Dame in the Big East (#1 vs #4).
- C.J. Fair is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- We just win. Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than Notre Dame (158 vs 135).
- Syracuse is better at defending the three (28.5% allowed vs 32.9% allowed) than Notre Dame this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Syracuse and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Notre Dame (148 vs 89).
- Syracuse can actually jump, with more rebounds (42.0 per game vs 35.2 per game) than Notre Dame this season.