Northern Arizona vs. Sacramento State: Full Game Preview
|Northern Arizona||G Rogers 16.2||G Bewernick 5.7||S Saldivar 4.2|
|Sacramento State||J Dickson 13.6||K Veteto 6.2||D Garrity 5.1|
On Monday, Northern Arizona heads to The Nest to take on Sacramento State. It starts at 10:05 EST. The Lumberjacks defeated the Hornets 57-50 on January 3rd and are 8-1 against them over the past four years.
A win here would help close the gap with Sacramento State in the Big Sky, who are in 6th place and just above Northern Arizona in 7th place.
The Lumberjacks were defeated by Southern Utah 78-67 on February 2nd despite 17 points and 7 rebounds from Max Jacobsen. He tallies 9.0 points per game and also adds 4.7 rebounds per game. For the Hornets, Mikh McKinney finished with 17 points in the 79-67 loss to Southern Utah on January 31st. He is averaging 13.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game. Sacramento State ranks 1st in their conference in free throw rate at 43.6, which also places them 23rd in the country.
Sacramento State StatSmack
- People just expect us to beat you. Northern Arizona has been the favorite 9 out of the last 10 times.
- The Northern Arizona basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Sacramento State (67% vs 33%).
- Stallon Saldivar is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in assists and 6th in the Big Sky in steals.
- Even computers respect Northern Arizona more. We have a better RPI this season than Sacramento State (RPI: #235 vs #261).
- The Northern Arizona three-point leader (Gabe Rogers) has more three-pointers than the Sacramento State three-point leader (John Dickson).
- Gaellen Bewernick is ranked 7th in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- The Northern Arizona scoring leader (Gabe Rogers) has more points than the Sacramento State scoring leader (John Dickson).
- Boom! Northern Arizona defeated Sacramento State by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 03, 2013).
- Northern Arizona has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.86% to 27.21%).
- The Northern Arizona steals leader (Dewayne Russell) has more steals than the Sacramento State steals leader (Mikh McKinney).
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Arizona has an average margin of victory of 15 over Sacramento State in 32 wins since 1991.