|George Mason||S Wright 18.1||S Wright 5.2||B Allen 3.3|
|Old Dominion||D Painter 11.8||D Painter 8.2||K Palmore 3.0|
George Mason travels to Constant Convocation Center on Monday to take on Old Dominion. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on NBCSN. The Patriots defeated the Monarchs 71-46 on January 10th and are 6-3 against them over the past four years.
George Mason is in 5th place in the conference, Old Dominion is in 11th place.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and 11 rebounds from Sherrod Wright, the Patriots defeated James Madison 74-63 on February 2nd. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 18.1 points per game, 5.2 rebounds per game, and 1.2 steals per game. For the Monarchs, DeShawn Painter finished with 15 points and 14 rebounds in the 83-63 loss to Georgia State on February 2nd. With 11.8 points per game and 8.2 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Old Dominion is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 39.6, ranking 1st in their conference (and 12th nationally).
Old Dominion StatSmack
- George Mason is a better three-point shooting team (32.3% vs 27.5%) than Old Dominion this season.
- How does our back look? George Mason is ranked higher than Old Dominion in the CAA (#6 vs #11).
- Winning is in our blood. George Mason has a better record in close games than Old Dominion this season (5-5 vs 1-7).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? George Mason currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 947) than Old Dominion, per the NCAA.
- George Mason is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on George Mason is 213 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Old Dominion.
- You get an A for effort, but George Mason has emerged victorious against Old Dominion the last 4 times they've played.
- At least you keep showing up. George Mason has an average margin of victory of 12 over Old Dominion in 20 wins since 1980.
- George Mason players are more experienced than Old Dominion players (10,623 minutes played vs 8,951 minutes played).
- George Mason has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Old Dominion (1 vs 0).
- It's only wins and losses, but George Mason has a better overall record than Old Dominion this season (12-9 vs 2-19).
- George Mason has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (66.67% to 63.58%).