|San Diego||J Dee 14.7||C Manresa 6.8||C Anderson 5.6|
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 19.9||A Hamilton 6.5||C Flint 4.3|
On Monday, Loyola Marymount plays host to San Diego at Gersten Pavilion. It gets started at 10:00 EST and it can be seen on TWCSN. The Lions fell to the Toreros 78-70 on January 16th and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Loyola Marymount is in 8th place in the conference, San Diego is in 5th place.
In their last outing, despite 19 points from Anthony Ireland, the Lions fell to Gonzaga 88-43 on January 31st. On top of his scoring average of 19.9 points per game, he delivers 5.0 rebounds per game. For the Toreros, Johnny Dee finished with 21 points and 7 rebounds in the 65-63 loss to Gonzaga on February 2nd. He leads the team with 14.7 points per game.
San Diego StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Loyola Marymount has come back to win after being down at half against San Diego 7 times since 1998.
- Loyola Marymount can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.8 per game vs 32.1 per game) than San Diego this season.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi is ranked 9th in the West Coast in three-pointers.
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 23rd nationally in points, 6th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 7th in the West Coast in assists, and 9th in the West Coast in steals.
- Loyola Marymount has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (40.13% to 38.51%).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 9th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- Loyola Marymount is better under pressure, and has defeated San Diego in 7 out of the last 13 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Loyola Marymount scoring leader (Anthony Ireland) has more points than the San Diego scoring leader (Johnny Dee).
- Chase Flint is ranked 10th in the West Coast in assists.
- At least you keep showing up. Loyola Marymount has an average margin of victory of 10 over San Diego in 29 wins since 1980.