Notre Dame vs. Syracuse: Full Game Preview
|Notre Dame||J Cooley 15.0||J Cooley 11.3||E Atkins 6.2|
|Syracuse||B Triche 14.9||C Fair 7.0||M Carter-Williams 8.6|
Notre Dame travels to Carrier Dome on Monday to take on No. 6 Syracuse. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Fighting Irish are 1-3 against the Orange over the last four years. The last time they met (1/21/2012) they won 67-58.
Notre Dame is in 3rd place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 1st place Syracuse.
The Fighting Irish got past DePaul 79-71 on February 2nd with the help of 26 points and 16 rebounds from Jack Cooley. He contributes a team-leading 15.0 points per game, 11.3 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game. For the Orange, C.J. Fair put up 20 points in the 65-55 loss to Pittsburgh on February 2nd. He is averaging 13.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.0 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Syracuse performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.5. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 6th in the country.
- Notre Dame has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Syracuse (#27 vs #57).
- Notre Dame beat Syracuse by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2012).
- Notre Dame is a better three-point shooting team (39.9% vs 32.7%) than Syracuse this season.
- Notre Dame has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Syracuse (#20 vs #58).
- The Notre Dame rebounding leader (Jack Cooley) has more rebounds than the Syracuse rebounding leader (C.J. Fair).
- Eric Atkins is ranked 15th nationally in assists and 7th in the Big East in steals.
- Notre Dame has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Syracuse according to Kiplinger (90.1% vs 69.8%).
- Notre Dame players are more experienced than Syracuse players (12,922 minutes played vs 10,986 minutes played).
- At least you keep showing up. Notre Dame has an average margin of victory of 10 over Syracuse in 12 wins since 1984.