(15-6, 2-5 away)
Georgia Tech 66
(12-8, 12-2 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 03, 2013
||J Harris 18
||A Mitchell 12
||J Evans 4
||M Udofia 15
||D Miller 8
||D Miller 4
On Sunday, February 3rd, Georgia Tech took on Virginia and defeated the Cavaliers 66-60 in ACC action. Robert Carter played well for the Yellow Jackets and put up 14 points and eight rebounds. Kammeon Holsey had 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Cavaliers, Joe Harris finished with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Georgia Tech (12-8, 2-6 ACC) gets Florida State (12-9, 4-4 ACC) on their home court on Tuesday, February 5th.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- Georgia Tech started 12-8 during the 2002 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- GT beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Yellow Jackets have beaten the spread.
- Georgia Tech has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.8% or better.
- The Yellow Jackets have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 66 or more total points.
- GT has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season Georgia Tech has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Robert Carter has 14 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Daniel Miller has 4 assists or more.
- The Yellow Jackets have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Yellow Jackets came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--GT has a 13.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Mfon Udofia and Robert Carter) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Carter and Daniel Miller) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Mfon Udofia has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Robert Carter has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
Virginia Game Notes
- Virginia lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Joe Harris and Akil Mitchell) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Akil Mitchell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 9th of his career.