(15-6, 2-5 away)
Georgia Tech 66
(12-8, 12-2 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 03, 2013
||J Harris 18
||A Mitchell 12
||J Evans 4
||M Udofia 15
||D Miller 8
||D Miller 4
On Sunday, February 3rd, Virginia lost to Georgia Tech 66-60 in conference play. The Cavaliers were led by Joe Harris, who put up a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Akil Mitchell played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds. For the Yellow Jackets, Robert Carter finished with 14 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Virginia (15-6, 5-3 ACC) hosts Clemson (12-9, 4-5 ACC).
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- Virginia started 15-6 during the 2006, 2001, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cavaliers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.8% or better this season, Virginia has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Cavaliers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Virginia has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Cavaliers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Joe Harris and Akil Mitchell) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Akil Mitchell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 9th of his career.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mfon Udofia and Robert Carter) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Carter and Daniel Miller) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Mfon Udofia has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Robert Carter has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.