South Florida 64
(10-11, 2-6 away)
(15-5, 12-3 home)
Venue: Harry A. Gampel Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 03, 2013
||T Fitzpatrick 22
||T Fitzpatrick 10
||A Collins 2
||S Napier 24
||S Napier 8
||S Napier 4
On Sunday, February 3rd, South Florida lost to Connecticut 69-64 in overtime. This one looked like a win for South Florida, as they led 27-15 at the half, but Connecticut turned things around in the second half and secured the victory. Toarlyn Fitzpatrick got a season-high 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulls, earning a double-double. He also went 5 for 12 from three-point range. Jawanza Poland also had a solid game, scoring eight points and adding nine rebounds. Shabazz Napier finished with a game-high 24 points (8 Reb 4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Huskies, making 5 of 10 from three-point range. South Florida (10-11, 1-8 Big East) takes on 25th-ranked Marquette (15-5, 6-2 Big East) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida started 10-11 during the 2007 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- USF beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- South Florida has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bulls have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 4-7.
- The Bulls have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Florida has lost 28 close games.
- The Bulls have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 34.9% or worse.
- South Florida has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 7 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, South Florida has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, South Florida has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 9 or more steals this season, South Florida has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Bulls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick and Jawanza Poland) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Toarlyn Fitzpatrick's career.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 8th of his career.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Jawanza Poland had career highs with 7 defensive rebounds and 4 steals.
Connecticut Game Notes
- Connecticut won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Connecticut has lost 25 close games.
- Shabazz Napier recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Shabazz Napier accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- Shabazz Napier has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Ryan Boatright has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Shabazz Napier's career.
- Shabazz Napier has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for DeAndre Daniels.
- DeAndre Daniels set a career high with 4 blocks.