Texas vs. West Virginia: Full Game Preview
|Texas||S McClellan 14.8||J Holmes 7.1||J Felix 5.6|
|West Virginia||A Murray 10.1||A Murray 6.5||J Staten 2.9|
West Virginia welcomes Texas to WVU Coliseum on Monday. The game gets underway at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Mountaineers defeated the Longhorns 57-53 on January 9th.
West Virginia is in 7th place in the conference and needs to hold off 8th place Texas.
The 18 points by Eron Harris helped the Mountaineers to a 77-61 cakewalk over Texas Tech on February 2nd. He is putting up 8.0 points per game while also averaging 2.1 rebounds per game. In a 60-43 blowout of TCU on February 2nd, Ioannis Papapetrou put up 13 points and 9 rebounds for the Longhorns. He is averaging 7.8 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Boom! West Virginia defeated Texas by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- Even computers respect West Virginia more. We have a better RPI this season than Texas (RPI: #100 vs #139).
- Morgantown isn't as congested as Austin (population is significantly lower).
- West Virginia players are more experienced than Texas players (12,215 minutes played vs 7,079 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? West Virginia currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 1000) than Texas, per the NCAA.
- Juwan Staten is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Aaric Murray is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- How does our back look? West Virginia is ranked higher than Texas in the Big 12 (#7 vs #9).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. West Virginia has a stronger schedule than Texas this season (SOS Rank: #17 vs #57).