|Oklahoma||R Osby 14.2||R Osby 6.6||S Grooms 2.5|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.0||M Ejim 9.4||K Lucious 5.5|
Iowa State hosts Oklahoma at James H. Hilton Coliseum on Monday. It gets started at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Cyclones are 2-3 against the Sooners over the last four years. The last time they met (2/18/2012) they won 80-69.
Oklahoma and Iowa State are tied for 3rd in the Big 12.
In their last game, Will Clyburn put up 28 points and 10 rebounds in the Cyclones 79-71 win over Baylor on February 2nd. At 15.0, he paces the team in points per game. The Sooners were defeated by Kansas State 52-50 on February 2nd despite 13 points and 7 rebounds from Romero Osby. He puts up a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 6.6 rebounds per game, and 0.9 blocks per game.
Iowa State has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Cyclones have an edge over the Sooners, 78 points per game to 67 points per game.
- The Iowa State assist leader (Korie Lucious) has more assists than the Oklahoma assist leader (Sam Grooms).
- We make our fans proud. Iowa State has a better record at home than Oklahoma this season (11-0 vs 7-1).
- Iowa State waxed Oklahoma by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Oklahoma in 19 wins since 1980.
- The Iowa State scoring leader (Will Clyburn) has more points than the Oklahoma scoring leader (Romero Osby).
- The Iowa State rebounding leader (Melvin Ejim) has more rebounds than the Oklahoma rebounding leader (Romero Osby).
- Melvin Ejim is ranked 38th nationally in rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee is ranked 46th nationally in three-pointers and 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Iowa State is a better three-point shooting team (36.8% vs 32.1%) than Oklahoma this season.
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 225 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Oklahoma.