(25) Marquette 51
(15-5, 3-4 away)
(12) Louisville 70
(18-4, 11-1 home)
Venue: KFC Yum! Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 03, 2013
||V Blue 17
||V Blue 5
||D Wilson 1
||R Smith 18
||G Dieng 8
||P Siva 7
No. 25 Marquette was crushed by No. 12 Louisville 70-51 in conference play on Sunday, February 3rd. The Golden Eagles now have a record of 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Trent Lockett put up a season-high 16 points and three rebounds for the Golden Eagles. Vander Blue scored 17 points and added five rebounds. Russ Smith got a game-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Cardinals. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Marquette (15-5, 6-2 Big East) travels to South Florida (10-10, 1-7 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:13 left to go.
- Marquette started 15-5 during the 2005, 2004, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Marquette played 54 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 20-34.
- Marquette has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Marquette has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Marquette has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Marquette set a season low for assists.
- Vander Blue accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Lockett has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Louisville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Russ Smith and Peyton Siva) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 14 times in 22 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.
- Russ Smith has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||S. Taylor Jr.||15||3||1||0||1||0||2|
|B||S. Van Treese||15||4||3||1||0||0||0|