|Grambling State||T Rose 14.2||B Purvis 5.5||D Copeland 3.3|
|Alcorn State||M Baker 17.1||I Francis 5.0||L Luckett 2.4|
Alcorn State hosts Grambling State at Davey Whitney Complex on Monday. Tip-off is at 8:30 EST. The Braves defeated the Tigers 80-46 on January 8th and are 4-5 against them over the past four years.
Grambling State is in 10th place in the conference and Alcorn State is in 4th place.
In their last match-up on February 2nd, LeAntwan Luckett put up 16 points and 7 rebounds for the Braves in a loss to Jackson State, 84-71. He is averaging 13.1 points per game while also contributing a team-high 2.4 assists per game. For the Tigers, Brandon Dorsett put up 4 points and 5 rebounds in the 59-31 loss to Southern University on February 2nd. He contributes 1.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 2.8 points per game.
Digging into season numbers, Alcorn State has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Braves have an edge over the Tigers, 59 points per game to 48 points per game.
Grambling State StatSmack
- Alcorn State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (58.7 per game vs 49.5 per game) than Grambling State this season.
- Alcorn State does a better job contesting shots (37.6% allowed vs 46.2% allowed) than Grambling State this season.
- Anthony Evans is ranked 7th in the SWAC in steals.
- Even computers respect Alcorn State more. We have a better RPI this season than Grambling State (RPI: #258 vs #347).
- Alcorn State has a better conference record than Grambling State this season (6-3 vs 0-9).
- You get an A for effort, but Alcorn State has emerged victorious against Grambling State the last 2 times they've played.
- Michael Starks is ranked 8th in the SWAC in blocks.
- The Alcorn State rebounding leader (LeAntwan Luckett) has more rebounds than the Grambling State rebounding leader (Peter "PJ" Roberson).
- At least you keep showing up. Alcorn State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Grambling State in 43 wins since 1980.