(23) Minnesota 62
(17-5, 14-2 home)
Venue: Williams Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 03, 2013
||M Gesell 11
||M Gesell 6
||A Clemmons 5
||A Hollins 17
||R Williams 7
||A Hollins 8
No. 23 Minnesota got a slim victory over Iowa 62-59 in Big Ten play on Sunday, February 3rd. Andre Hollins played well for the Golden Gophers and put up 15 points and eight assists. Austin Hollins had a game-high 17 points and added five rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Aaron White got 10 points and five rebounds. Next up for Minnesota (17-4, 5-3 Big Ten) is 13th-ranked Michigan State (18-4, 7-2 Big Ten) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Minnesota Game Notes
- The Golden Gophers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Minnesota has won 28 close games.
- The Golden Gophers have won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Minnesota has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Minnesota has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2% field goal percentage.
- Minnesota has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Minnesota has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Rodney Williams has 10 points or more, 89% of the time (8-1) when Austin Hollins has 5 field goals made or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Trevor Mbakwe has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Golden Gophers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Minnesota has a 18.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Andre Hollins recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Austin Hollins and Andre Hollins) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- Austin Hollins has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Rodney Williams has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Andre Hollins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Andre Hollins had a career high with 8 assists.
Iowa Game Notes
- The Hawkeyes have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa has lost 28 close games.
- Mike Gesell has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Aaron White has 7 straight double-digit point games.