(11-11, 2-6 away)
(13-9, 8-4 home)
Venue: The Pavilion
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 03, 2013
||B Cotton 18
||L Henton 6
||V Council 6
||D Hilliard 17
||M Yarou 14
||J Pinkston 2
In a game where they scored 30 points from three-point territory, Providence got a slim victory over Villanova 55-52 in Big East action. With the win, the Friars move to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Friars got the win with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds from Bryce Cotton. Josh Fortune was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 5 on the way to 15 points. Mouphtaou Yarou registered a double-double for the Wildcats on 10 points and 14 rebounds. Providence (11-11, 3-7 Big East) takes on 24th-ranked Cincinnati (18-4, 6-3 Big East) on Wednesday, February 6th on their home court.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 11-11 during the 2005 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Providence has won 21 close games.
- PC has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- This season Providence has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Bryce Cotton has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Friars set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time PC had a three-point percentage of 66.7% or higher was Jan 17, 2004 against West Virginia.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 22 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for LaDontae Henton.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Wildcats have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova has lost 26 close games.
- Darrun Hilliard accounted for 32.6% of the team's points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 36.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Darrun Hilliard has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Darrun Hilliard has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Darrun Hilliard set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 18th of his career.
- Daniel Ochefu recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.