Southern Miss 79
(18-4, 9-4 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||N Watson 24
||M Craig 9
||N Watson 4
||J Swing 17
||F Alihodzic 7
||Q Taylor 5
Southern Miss won on the road against UAB 79-75 in conference action in a game where they shot 64% from the floor. With a record of 2-0, the Golden Eagles remain unbeaten against UAB this season. Neil Watson played well for the Golden Eagles and put up a season-high 24 points (4 Ast 3 Reb), shooting 6 of 6 from three-point range. Michael Craig also had an outstanding outing, scoring 16 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Blazers, Robert Williams finished with 14 points and six rebounds. Next up for Southern Miss (18-4, 7-0 C-USA) is UCF (15-6, 5-2 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The win over UAB extended the Southern Miss winning streak to 10 games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 7 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Southern Miss has won 30 close games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- USM has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer rebounds.
- USM has won 88% of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 44.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Southern Miss has won 93% of the time (13-1) when Dwayne Davis has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Michael Craig has 7 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (12-2) when Jonathan Mills has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time USM had a three-point percentage of 58.8% or higher was Mar 04, 2008 against Texas-El Paso.
- The Golden Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- Neil Watson accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Craig and Jonathan Mills) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Michael Craig has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Neil Watson's career.
- Neil Watson had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 6 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jerrold Brooks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Mills had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Dwayne Davis has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Dwayne Davis.
UAB Game Notes
- The Blazers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Swing and Quincy Taylor) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Fahro Alihodzic accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Fahro Alihodzic has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Quincy Taylor set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Robert Williams set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has 4 straight double-digit point games.