Southern Miss 79
(18-4, 9-4 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||N Watson 24
||M Craig 9
||N Watson 4
||J Swing 17
||F Alihodzic 7
||Q Taylor 5
UAB got beat at home by Southern Miss 79-75 in conference play on an evening when the Golden Eagles shot 64% from the floor. The Blazers remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Robert Williams put up 14 points plus six rebounds in the loss. Fahro Alihodzic had 12 points and added seven rebounds. Neil Watson finished with a season-high 24 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) for the Golden Eagles, making 6 of 6 from three-point range. Next up for UAB (9-13, 1-6 C-USA) is Tulsa (12-10, 4-4 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
UAB Game Notes
- The last time UAB started the season 9-13 was 2011.
- UAB beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Blazers have beaten the spread.
- The Blazers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB has lost 24 close games.
- UAB has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 23 or fewer field goals made.
- UAB has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, UAB has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, UAB has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Blazers set a season high for three-pointers.
- UAB set a season low for rebounds.
- UAB has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 9 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UAB has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Swing and Quincy Taylor) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Fahro Alihodzic accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Fahro Alihodzic has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Quincy Taylor had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Robert Williams had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- Jordan Swing has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- Southern Miss won, but did not cover the spread.
- Neil Watson accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Craig and Jonathan Mills) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Michael Craig has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Neil Watson's career.
- Neil Watson set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 6 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jerrold Brooks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Mills set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Dwayne Davis has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Dwayne Davis.