(14-7, 4-4 away)
Southern Methodist 80
(12-11, 7-4 home)
Venue: Moody Coliseum
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Young 17
||T Womack 6
||J Young 6
||N Russell 22
||J Jones 7
||R Manuel 10
On Saturday, Feb. 2, Southern Methodist lost at home against Houston 84-80 in overtime. At the half, Southern Methodist led 35-18, but Houston took control in the second half and came back to win it. The Mustangs are now 0-2 against Houston this season. The Mustangs got a good performance from Jalen Jones, who put up 21 points and seven rebounds. Ryan Manuel got a double-double with 15 points and 10 assists. For the Cougars, Joseph Young finished with a team-high 17 points and six assists. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 6 when Southern Methodist (12-11, 2-6 C-USA) welcomes Memphis (18-3, 7-0 C-USA).
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- Southern Methodist started 12-11 during the 2004, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Southern Methodist has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Mustangs have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- The Mustangs have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Methodist is 24-34 in close games.
- Southern Methodist has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 27 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.1 percent or better this season, Southern Methodist has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Southern Methodist has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Mustangs set season highs for assists (22) and three-pointers (eight).
- The last time SMU recorded at least 22 assists was Jan 29, 2011 against Rice.
- SMU set a season low for rebounds (27).
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Mustangs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SMU has a 8.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ryan Manuel recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Nick Russell and Jalen Jones) accounted for 53.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jalen Jones and Cannen Cunningham) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Russell has led the team in scoring in nine out of 23 games this season.
- Jalen Jones has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Nick Russell's career.
- Nick Russell has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Russell had a career high with nine field goals made.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Jalen Jones's career.
- Jalen Jones has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Ryan Manuel's career.
- Ryan Manuel has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Manuel recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Ryan Manuel had a career high with 10 assists.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Cannen Cunningham.
Houston Game Notes
- The Cougars won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Houston is 31-31 in close games.
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring nine times in 21 games this season.
- Joseph Young has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- TaShawn Thomas has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Danuel House.