East Carolina 79
(13-8, 3-5 away)
Venue: Tutor Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||M Kemp 33
||M Kemp 9
||M Paul 6
||T Jackson 19
||T Jackson 9
||M Guercy 5
East Carolina easily got past Rice 79-63 in conference action on Saturday, February 2nd. The first half was competitive, with East Carolina holding a 29-26 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Maurice Kemp played well for the Pirates and put up a career-high 33 points plus nine rebounds. Ty Armstrong had a career-high 22 points and added six rebounds. For the Owls, Tamir Jackson finished with a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds. Next up for East Carolina (13-8, 4-4 C-USA) is UCF (15-6, 5-2 C-USA) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
East Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:18 left to go.
- The last time ECU started the season 13-8 was 2000.
- ECU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- The Pirates have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- ECU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- ECU has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.6% field goal percentage.
- This season East Carolina has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Maurice Kemp has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Pirates set season highs for field goal percentage and free throws made.
- The last time ECU recorded at least 23 free throws made was Dec 29, 2011 against North Carolina Central.
- ECU set a season low for three-pointers.
- Maurice Kemp recorded a team season high in points with 33, free throws made with 13, steals with 6, and free throws attempted with 16.
- Maurice Kemp accounted for 41.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Maurice Kemp and Paris Roberts-Campbell) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Maurice Kemp has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Maurice Kemp's career.
- Maurice Kemp has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Maurice Kemp had career highs with 33 points, 13 free throws made, and 6 steals.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Ty Armstrong's career.
- Ty Armstrong has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Rice Game Notes
- Rice lost and did not cover the spread.
- Ross Wilson recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 4.
- Tamir Jackson tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with 4 and field goals attempted with 24.
- Tamir Jackson accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Tamir Jackson accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Tamir Jackson has 5 straight double-digit point games.