On Saturday, February 2nd, Drexel was clipped by Northeastern 59-52 in conference play. The Dragons are now 0-2 against Northeastern this season. Dartaye Ruffin got 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Dragons, earning a double-double. Tavon Allen had eight points. For the Huskies, Jonathan Lee got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. Drexel (9-13, 5-5 CAA) gets Old Dominion (2-19, 0-9 CAA) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
Drexel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- Drexel started 9-13 during the 2007 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Drexel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Dragons have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.2% or worse.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Thomas and Dartaye Ruffin) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- Dartaye Ruffin accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Derrick Thomas.
- Daryl McCoy recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daryl McCoy had a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Frantz Massenat.
Northeastern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Lee and Joel Smith) accounted for 52.5% of the points.
- Jonathan Lee has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Joel Smith has 7 straight double-digit point games.