On Saturday, February 2nd, Northeastern took on Drexel and defeated the Dragons 59-52 in CAA play. The Huskies stay unbeaten against Drexel this season at 2-0. The Huskies were led by Jonathan Lee, who put up a game-high 17 points plus five rebounds. Joel Smith had 14 points and added four rebounds. Dartaye Ruffin recorded a double-double for the Dragons on 12 points and 11 rebounds. Northeastern (14-8, 9-1 CAA) travels to Hofstra (5-17, 2-7 CAA) on Wednesday, February 6th.
Northeastern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- Northeastern started 14-8 during the 2009, 2004, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- NU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- NU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Northeastern has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Jonathan Lee has 5 rebounds or more.
- NU set a season low for field goals made.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--NU has a 0.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Lee and Joel Smith) accounted for 52.5% of the points.
- Jonathan Lee has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Joel Smith has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Drexel Game Notes
- Drexel lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Thomas and Dartaye Ruffin) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- Dartaye Ruffin accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Derrick Thomas.
- Daryl McCoy recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daryl McCoy set a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dartaye Ruffin recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 6th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Frantz Massenat.