UNC Wilmington 56
(8-13, 1-11 away)
(11-11, 7-3 home)
Venue: Bob Carpenter Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||C Ponder 14
||C Williams 8
||C Dixon 3
||D Saddler 21
||J Hagins 11
||J Hagins 2
On Saturday, February 2nd, Delaware pounded North Carolina-Wilmington 71-56 in conference play. The Fightin' Blue Hens got a double-double out of Jamelle Hagins with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Devon Saddler had a game-high 21 points and added seven rebounds. For the Seahawks, Craig Ponder got a team-high 14 points and two rebounds. Delaware (11-11, 6-3 CAA) takes on Towson (11-12, 6-4 CAA) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Delaware Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- The last time UD started the season 11-11 was 2010.
- The win over North Carolina-Wilmington extended the Delaware winning streak to 3 games.
- UD beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Fightin' Blue Hens have beaten the spread.
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- UD has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season Delaware has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Jarvis Threatt has 7 free throws made or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Josh Brinkley has 8 rebounds or more.
- UD set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Delaware has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UD has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Devon Saddler and Jamelle Hagins) accounted for 57.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamelle Hagins and Josh Brinkley) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Jamelle Hagins's career.
- Jamelle Hagins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 32nd of his career.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- North Carolina-Wilmington lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Craig Ponder and Keith Rendleman) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cedrick Williams and Keith Rendleman) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (29) than the starters (27).
- Craig Ponder has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Cedrick Williams has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Keith Rendleman has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Keith Rendleman.