UC Santa Barbara 60
(7-14, 2-10 away)
UC Irvine 62
(12-11, 9-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
|UC Santa Barbara
|UC Santa Barbara
||A Williams 22
||A Williams 8
||D DaRe 3
||A Young 12
||W Davis II 6
||M Wilder 4
UC Irvine won a nail-biter over UC-Santa Barbara 62-60 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. It looked like it was going to be all UC Irvine after they took a 40-23 halftime lead, but UC-Santa Barbara got back in the game and made it close in the second half. The Anteaters are now 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Daman Starring guided the Anteaters and put up seven points plus six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Will Davis II scored nine points and added six rebounds. For the Gauchos, Alan Williams got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when UC Irvine (12-11, 6-4 Big West) travels to Cal State Northridge (12-11, 3-8 Big West).
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The last time UCI started the season 12-11 was 2004.
- The Anteaters have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UC Irvine has won 27 close games.
- UCI has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season UC Irvine has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Alex Young has 12 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Adam Folker plays 31 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Will Davis II has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Anteaters set a season high for steals.
- UC Irvine has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UCI has a 17.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
UC-Santa Barbara Game Notes
- The Gauchos have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UC-Santa Barbara has lost 24 close games.
- This loss extended the Gauchos losing streak to 4 games.
- Alan Williams accounted for 36.6% of the team's points.
- Alan Williams has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Kyle Boswell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Alan Williams's career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Alan Williams.
|B||Will Davis II||28||9||6||0||2||3||1|