(13-9, 4-4 away)
CS Fullerton 75
(11-11, 6-5 home)
Venue: Titan Gym
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||C Standhardinger 18
||V Joaquim 10
||J Tavita 7
||K Vaughn 19
||D Seeley 8
||D Seeley 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Cal State Fullerton suffered a close loss to Hawaii 77-75 in conference play. The Titans stay winless against Hawaii this season at 0-2. D.J. Seeley put up 18 points and eight rebounds for the Titans. Sammy Yeager scored 17 points and added four rebounds. For the Warriors, Christian Standhardinger finished with a team-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Cal State Fullerton (11-11, 4-6 Big West) is UC Riverside (5-17, 2-8 Big West) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- Cal State Fullerton started 11-11 during the 2009, 2005, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Titans have been unlucky 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cal State Fullerton has lost 33 close games.
- Cal State Fullerton has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- The Titans have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 44.6% or worse.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Cal State Fullerton has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Cal State Fullerton has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- CSUF set a season low for steals.
- Cal State Fullerton has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Titans opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--CSUF has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kwame Vaughn and D.J. Seeley) accounted for 49.3% of the points.
- Kwame Vaughn has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- D.J. Seeley has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- D.J. Seeley has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Kwame Vaughn has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Sammy Yeager.
Hawaii Game Notes
- The Warriors won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Hawaii has lost 27 close games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Standhardinger and Vander Joaquim) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Vander Joaquim accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Standhardinger has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Christian Standhardinger has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Vander Joaquim has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 28th of his career.