(7-16, 1-10 away)
(10-11, 8-3 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Speaks 15
||J Coronado 13
||D Marshall 3
||J Jerome 18
||L Brown 10
||R King 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Winthrop knocked off Liberty 66-56 in Big South action. Larry Brown secured a double-double in the Eagles win with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Joab Jerome also had a strong outing, scoring a career-high 18 points and adding six rebounds. JR Coronado got four points and 13 rebounds for the Flames. Winthrop (10-11, 4-5 Big South) gets North Carolina-Asheville (13-10, 7-2 Big South) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Winthrop Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:44 left to go.
- Winthrop started 10-11 during the 2000 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 66 or more total points.
- Winthrop has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.6% or better.
- Winthrop has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- Winthrop has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9% field goal percentage.
- The Eagles set a season high for assists.
- Winthrop set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Winthrop has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and Derrick Henry) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Larry Brown and Joab Jerome) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Larry Brown has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Derrick Henry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Larry Brown recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Larry Brown recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Joab Jerome had career highs with 18 points and 7 field goals made.
Liberty Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tavares Speaks and Davon Marshall) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- JR Coronado accounted for 38.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Tavares Speaks has led the team in scoring 5 times in 23 games this season.
- JR Coronado has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- Davon Marshall has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tavares Speaks has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- JR Coronado recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|C||Joel Vander Pol||9||2||2||0||1||1||1|