UNC Asheville 78
(13-10, 5-8 away)
(10-13, 7-5 home)
Venue: John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Atkinson 22
||D Cunningham 6
||K Hornsby 8
||D Hooker 18
||R McCarter 7
||R McCarter 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, North Carolina-Asheville took on Campbell and easily defeated the Fighting Camels 78-61 in Big South play. The game lacked drama, as North Carolina-Asheville led 38-22 at the half and never allowed Campbell back in it. Jeremy Atkinson was exceptional for the Bulldogs and got a game-high 22 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). D.J. Cunningham had 17 points and added six rebounds. Darian Hooker finished with a team-high 18 points and two rebounds for the Fighting Camels. North Carolina-Asheville (13-10, 7-2 Big South) welcomes Winthrop (10-11, 4-5 Big South) on Wednesday, February 6th.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:30 left to go.
- The win over Campbell extended the North Carolina-Asheville winning streak to 5 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- UNCA has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Jeremy Atkinson has 22 points or more and 82% of the time (9-2) when D.J. Cunningham has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time UNCA had a three-point percentage of 70.0% or higher was Mar 05, 2009 against Radford.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and D.J. Cunningham) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Jon Nwannunu) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Keith Hornsby has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Campbell Game Notes
- This loss extended the Fighting Camels losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Darian Hooker and Trey Freeman) accounted for 55.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reco McCarter and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Darian Hooker has led the team in scoring 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Darian Hooker has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Freeman set a career high with 4 steals.