UNC Asheville 78
(13-10, 5-8 away)
(10-13, 7-5 home)
Venue: John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Atkinson 22
||D Cunningham 6
||K Hornsby 8
||D Hooker 18
||R McCarter 7
||R McCarter 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Campbell lost big against North Carolina-Asheville 78-61 in conference play. It was over at the half, as North Carolina-Asheville jumped out to a 38-22 lead and never looked back. Darian Hooker put up a team-high 18 points plus two rebounds in a losing effort. Trey Freeman also had a decent showing, scoring 16 points (4 Ast 4 Stl). For the Bulldogs, Jeremy Atkinson finished with a game-high 22 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Campbell (10-13, 5-4 Big South) welcomes High Point (10-10, 6-3 Big South) on Wednesday, February 6th.
Campbell Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:30 left to go.
- Campbell started 10-13 during the 2008, 2007, 2006, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Campbell has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Fighting Camels have lost 85% of the time this season (2-11) after having a field goal percentage of 44.9% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.8% or better this season, Campbell has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Campbell has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Campbell has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- The Fighting Camels set a season high for steals.
- The last time Campbell recorded at least 13 steals was Feb 19, 2010 against East Tennessee State.
- Campbell has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Campbell has a 5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Darian Hooker and Trey Freeman) accounted for 55.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reco McCarter and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Darian Hooker has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 23 games this season.
- Darian Hooker has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Freeman had a career high with 4 steals.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and D.J. Cunningham) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Jon Nwannunu) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 23 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Keith Hornsby has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 10 straight double-digit point games.