Weber State 85
(15-5, 7-4 away)
Northern Colorado 64
(6-14, 5-4 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||S Bamforth 20
||J Bolomboy 8
||F Otis 3
||E Addo 11
||D Barden 12
||J Davis 2
Weber State easily took down Northern Colorado 85-64 in Big Sky play on an evening when they shot 61% from the floor. Weber State got off to an insurmountable 45-25 halftime lead, then never let Northern Colorado back in it. The Wildcats remain unbeaten against Northern Colorado this season at 2-0. Frank Otis had an impressive game for the Wildcats and put up 15 points plus three rebounds. Scott Bamforth had a game-high 20 points. Paul Garnica got a team-high 11 points and two rebounds for the Bears. Next up for Weber State (15-5, 10-2 Big Sky) is Southern Utah (9-12, 7-5 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Weber State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:47 left to go.
- The last time Weber State started the season 15-5 was 2002.
- Weber State beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Weber State has been on the winning end of 27 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Weber State has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 47.1% or better.
- Weber State has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 82% of the time (9-2) when Kyle Tresnak has 12 points or more, 71% of the time (10-4) when Davion Berry plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Scott Bamforth has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Scott Bamforth and Frank Otis) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Bolomboy and Kyle Tresnak) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Scott Bamforth has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Joel Bolomboy has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kyle Tresnak.
- Davion Berry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Scott Bamforth's career.
- Frank Otis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Northern Colorado lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UNC has been on the losing end of 9 blowout games.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 44.4% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (26).
- Paul Garnica has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 20 games this season.
- Derrick Barden recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tevin Svihovec has 4 straight double-digit point games.