Northern Arizona 67
(7-14, 3-9 away)
Southern Utah 78
(9-12, 8-4 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||M Jacobsen 17
||S Saldivar 12
||S Saldivar 5
||D Heuir 27
||J Stevenett 10
||J Johnson 7
On Saturday, February 2nd, Southern Utah defeated Northern Arizona 78-67 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Thunderbirds stay unbeaten against Northern Arizona this season. Jackson Stevenett earned a double-double for the Thunderbirds with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Jayson Cheesman also had an outstanding game, scoring eight points and adding eight rebounds. Stallon Saldivar got seven points and 12 rebounds for the Lumberjacks. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Southern Utah (9-12, 7-5 Big Sky) goes to Idaho State (4-17, 3-9 Big Sky).
Southern Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- The last time SUU started the season 9-12 was 2001.
- The win over Northern Arizona extended the Southern Utah winning streak to 4 games.
- SUU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Thunderbirds have beaten the spread.
- The Thunderbirds have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- This season Southern Utah has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Damon Heuir has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Thunderbirds have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SUU has a 7.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Damon Heuir accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackson Stevenett and Jayson Cheesman) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Damon Heuir has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jackson Stevenett has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackson Stevenett recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 5th of his career.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Damon Heuir's career.
- Damon Heuir has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.
- Jordan Johnson had a career high with 7 assists.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- Northern Arizona lost and did not cover the spread.
- Stallon Saldivar recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Max Jacobsen and Gabe Rogers) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- Stallon Saldivar accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Max Jacobsen has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Stallon Saldivar has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Gabe Rogers has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Stallon Saldivar recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stallon Saldivar set career highs with 12 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.