(16-4, 7-3 away)
Eastern Washington 46
(6-16, 6-5 home)
Venue: Reese Court
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||W Cherry 13
||K Jamar 7
||W Cherry 7
||T Reuter 11
||P Kelly 7
||K Winford 5
Montana squared off with Eastern Washington on Saturday, February 2nd and easily beat the Eagles 65-46 in conference action. The Grizzlies stay undefeated against Eastern Washington this season at 2-0. The Grizzlies were led by Will Cherry, who got 13 points plus seven assists. Mathias Ward had 13 points and added five rebounds. Martin Seiferth finished with nine points and five rebounds for the Eagles. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Montana (16-4, 12-0 Big Sky) welcomes Northern Colorado (6-14, 4-8 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:43 left to go.
- The last time UM started the season 16-4 was 2005.
- The win over Eastern Washington extended the Montana winning streak to 12 games.
- UM beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- UM has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- UM has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Montana has won 92% of the time (11-1) when Mathias Ward has 13 points or more, 100% of the time (7-0) when Will Cherry plays 36 minutes or more, and 79% of the time (11-3) when Kareem Jamar has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Grizzlies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two rebounders (Kareem Jamar and Will Cherry) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 20 games this season.
- Will Cherry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathias Ward has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- Eastern Washington lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Thomas Reuter and Martin Seiferth) accounted for 43.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Parker Kelly and Martin Seiferth) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Parker Kelly set a career high with 7 rebounds.