St John's 56
(14-8, 4-4 away)
(16-4, 14-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Sampson 18
||J Sampson 8
||J Branch 3
||N Lubick 16
||N Lubick 10
||M Starks 6
On Saturday, February 2nd, St. John's took on Georgetown and stumbled against the Hoyas 68-56 in conference play. The Red Storm now have a record of 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Red Storm were paced by JaKarr Sampson, who put up a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Phil Greene IV had 12 points and added five rebounds. Nate Lubick recorded a double-double for the Hoyas with a career-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. St. John's (14-8, 6-4 Big East) hosts Connecticut (14-5, 4-3 Big East) on Wednesday, February 6th.
St. John's Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:23 left to go.
- St. John's has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, St. John's has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, St. John's has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, St. John's has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- SJU set a season low for field goal percentage.
- St. John's has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- JaKarr Sampson accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (JaKarr Sampson and Chris Obekpa) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Phil Greene IV has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Georgetown Game Notes
- Markel Starks recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Nate Lubick and Jabril Trawick) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nate Lubick and D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Nate Lubick has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Markel Starks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Starks set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Nate Lubick recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nate Lubick recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Nate Lubick set career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.
- Otto Porter has 7 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Phil Greene IV||37||12||5||2||2||0||2|