St John's 56
(14-8, 4-4 away)
(16-4, 14-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Sampson 18
||J Sampson 8
||J Branch 3
||N Lubick 16
||N Lubick 10
||M Starks 6
On Saturday, February 2nd, Georgetown defeated St. John's 68-56 in Big East action. The Hoyas improve to 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Nate Lubick secured a double-double for the Hoyas including a career-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Markel Starks had 12 points and added six assists. JaKarr Sampson finished with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds for the Red Storm. Georgetown (16-4, 6-3 Big East) gets Rutgers (12-8, 3-6 Big East) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
Georgetown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:23 left to go.
- Georgetown started 16-4 during the 2011, 2009, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over St. John's extended the Georgetown winning streak to 4 games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- The Hoyas have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Georgetown has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8% or better.
- Georgetown has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2% three-point percentage.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Georgetown has won 80% of the time (12-3) when Otto Porter has 11 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when Markel Starks has 4 field goals made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Nate Lubick has 4 assists or more.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Georgetown has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Markel Starks recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Nate Lubick and Jabril Trawick) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nate Lubick and D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Nate Lubick has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Markel Starks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Starks had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Nate Lubick recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nate Lubick recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Nate Lubick had career highs with 16 points and 8 field goals made.
- Otto Porter has 7 straight double-digit point games.
St. John's Game Notes
- St. John's lost and did not cover the spread.
- JaKarr Sampson accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (JaKarr Sampson and Chris Obekpa) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Phil Greene IV has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Phil Greene IV||37||12||5||2||2||0||2|